20131031

Silent Hill creator discusses how he joined the game biz and why AAA horror is 'difficult' to fund

[Author: ]

[Time Published October 31, 2013 at 04:58AM]

[ < - - Content ]

Keiichiro Toyama, director on games like Siren, Gravity Rush and the original Silent Hill, has been in the game business for a while. Not by design, mind you.


"I liked games ever since my student days," he told Famitsu magazine in an interview published this week, "but I never thought about connecting them to my work. That changed once a Sega rep held a job seminar at the art school I was going to. That was the first time I realized 'Whoa, I can join a game company once I graduate!' I wound up getting a few offers, and in the end, I chose to join Konami."


This was in 1994, when the original PlayStation was brand-new and Japan was still in the throes of a fighting game explosion. Toyama, meanwhile, was beginning to kindle an interest in...


Continue reading…


[ - - > ]



[Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/30/5048140/silent-hill-creator-discusses-how-he-joined-the-game-biz-and-why] | Image URL: http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/22071449/gravity-rush.0_cinema_720.0.jpg]

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten