20110807

Next Generation Social Networking

Note to the reader: this post has not jet been checked for errors and information cohesion  
 preparing for avalanche 3.0 and looking deeper to see a change

Social Networking is something new, something we need to get used to

I don't mean for a year or 10 years, I mean for generations.
Since the internet started to exist it has been used for sharing social information. A couple of the biggest (most known) companies in the world today prove this by their growth over the past century. These companies did not offer a new product as most might think, they offered a new experience, something I guess they would like to call: "a better experience". - Than their competitor.

I follow some rules for myself on the internet. One of these rules is that when I can imagine something concerning the Internet, I will automatically assume that it already exists. At times that I expect it the least, this rule proves it self..   Anyway, the point I'm trying to make (again) is that:
"Everything we need is already there, it is we who need to learn how to reach our goals in this new environment."
This leads to the ultimate problem and evolution in the internet; "How to find and be found?"
- And the possible answers to these questions are what it is all about right now.

We have reached the next phase in providing the answer
In the last phase we had numerous of Social Media, all with there specific 'identification points' as I just made up; What is important is that not the question; "how do I represent myself" was of concern to the users but more closer to home; "where do I represent myself".
Future users were not looking at the details, they didn't know, and - still most likely - don't care.
When you 'don't know', the first impression is what counts. Not the efficiency in reaching your personal stalker club or privacy or something. It the first impression that you have and you think your fellow users might have.

The next phase will provide 'integration'
 We are realizing what it is to be found and to find in billions of records (slightly under exaggerated).
One of those records was a small 'Social Media group' in Egypt, now they are working towards the idea of a country that represents it's people. Same for Libya, allthough their struggle is far from over..
Governmental integration. Internet is becoming a basic right.
Law, establishing the 'do's' and 'don'ts'.
..

This phenomenon sparks my interest for earlier changes in (Social) Media country and how we can 'name' these changes. How would you describe them?
For this situation, Google Plus is the best example.

Google Plus
Most readers are familiar with the term 'web 2.0', I would call Google Plus; Social Media 2.0 , .5 or 3.0.. As explained before; don't expect a new product. Expect more of the same, but with less distance. More integrated and aligned for the most likely usage.

Expect to read more about this in my next post called: Google Chrome, avalanche 3.0 passing by  (-;

-MB

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten