20090423

Zepto Nox A15 (Part 3)

--> -->
Windows 7 en de Zepto Nox A15, a great combination!
I had a lot of Blue Screens lately, I’m still not sure why. They appear to happen more often when I’m using my wireless @ university network. But that is still more a feeling then a fact. When I had a couple of BSOD’s at home I decided to install Windows 7. First as Upgrade from Vista then as a clean installation.
Works great! I’m running build 7077 and it works as a charm. Much faster than Vista and it uses a lot less resources;. Currently Windows 7 is using 1793 Mb of my 4093 Mb available memory and the average CPU usage is less than 10% of my Core 2 Duo P8400 (when using outlook, word, minefield (64x firefox), windows live messenger steam and uTorrent).
Installation, first usage.., went without a sweat. The only annoying thing so far is the Windows 7 (I never had it while using Vista) future too use temporal user account settings when ‘something’ went wrong. I’m still not entirely sure when exactly Windows 7 thinks it’s best to intervene.
When I tried to install nVidea’s Windows 7 drivers for desktop GPU’s on my Zepto (which resulted in a BSOD), I was very astound when Windows 7 discovered that I f* something up and repaired it before loading the desktop.
Windows 7 needed to update itself too recognize some of my hardware but all the essential stuff worked right away.
The Zepto Nox,
Like I told, I had enough of all the BSOD’s.. and then I decided to give Windows 7 a try…, a friend of mine thought the BSOD’s where hardware related and I was more thinking of bad drivers. I’m not still not sure. The problem is that I can’t bring my Zepto back too the retailer because I use it almost every day and I’m not sure they can do anything about it.. I used several stress test but they all failed in generating a BSOD.
From start64 I got a link to a (AuthenTec) fingerprint reader driver that works great. Note: when you have installed the driver you need to start <> to configure, without it won’t work.
You can get a legal key from Microsoft here and download Windows 7 using torrents.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten